Role: Sales Development Representative
Company Website: http://getbluesky.io/
Company/Founders’ Location: Menlo Park, California
Hiring Location: Local to SF/BayArea, California preferred
Bluesky is a platform that helps organizations optimize costs and maximize returns on their Snowflake investment. Snowflake has made analytics accessible to the masses, driving better and faster business decisions, but with great power comes inefficiencies at scale. Our platform offers budgeting and forecasting tools, workload optimization, query analysis, anomaly detection, and monitoring and alerting features that provide customers with deep visibility. With Bluesky, customers can expect up to 500% query improvements and 30% cost reductions, which makes it a no-brainer for any enterprise.
Our team consists of domain experts in big data who have solved similar problems for companies such as Google, Hadapt, Vertica, Uber, Dropbox, Facebook, Yahoo, Pure Storage, DBT, Snowflake, and other thought leaders in the industry. Our company has received funding from top-tier VCs, angels, and various thought leaders, including the founders of Cloudera and Qubole. We are committed to building a world-class team that will develop systems with a profound impact on how people use their data clouds.
We seek a dynamic Sales Development Representative driven by a genuine commitment to propelling our growth. You will be responsible for generating pipeline for the Sales organization. You will work closely with Marketing and Sales Reps to conduct outreach via phone, e-mail, LinkedIn, and various Digital platforms. In addition, you will also engage with customers by attending trade shows and events to help generate interest in Bluesky and discover opportunities.
At Bluesky, we pride ourselves on offering an unparalleled startup experience, allowing you to learn, build, and thrive alongside an ambitious and dedicated team. If you are fueled by ambition and ready to embark on an extraordinary journey, this is the ideal company to forge an exceptional career path.
- Build Prospect Lists
- Generate pipeline for the sales organization and coordinate qualified meetings with Regional Sales Reps
- Contact prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach
- Work closely with Marketing and Regional Sales Reps to execute sales campaigns and conduct outreach
- Research and find new accounts and contacts for outreach
- Generate interest for trade shows, events, webinars, and follow-up
- Develop messaging content and outreach sequences to execute on
- Qualify Leads
- Set Appointments with Key Decision Makers that lead to Sales Qualified Leads
- Excellent communication & written skills
- Passionate, coachable, and humble team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High ethical and moral standards
- Motivated, self-starting, roll up your sleeves and jump in attitude
- Strong desire to learn and grow a career in sales
- Ability to meet and exceed quota
- Excellent follow-up skills
Nice to Haves:
- 1+ years of experience in a sales/lead generation role in a high-tech/SaaS company
- CRM experience (preferably HubSpot)
- A basic understanding of the business development process (ABM, ICP, Buyer Persona etc.)
- Adeptness in handling high-paced environments and effectively managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional teamwork skills, fostering seamless collaboration within groups.
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving and navigating challenges with ingenuity.
Why Join Bluesky
We raised $8.8M to solve the biggest challenges of big data cloud adoption: the cost management and workload optimization. We are backed by Greylock venture capitalists. Our founder, Mingsheng Hong has decades of experience in the big data industry, and is behind the names of well-known big data technologies like Apache Hive and Vertica. Bluesky has also officially joined the Snowflake Partner Network. We achieved Select Tier status less than a month after coming out of stealth. Please see techcrunch and data engineering podcast for details.