At Mentall, our mission is to empower students to take ownership of their wellness, build real-time understanding in classrooms and universities, and close the gap to care. We realize that this complex problem spans several tiers of care from administrators, to teachers, and most importantly to students. We are developing software that has students check in to class through a simple two-question survey serving as attendance. Using this, we connect students to customized resources for them, provide professors with real-time and over-time aggregated results of how their classes are feeling, and administrations with macro-level insights that will help guide university policy in an informed way. We have been recognized by the United States Congress, The World Economic Forum, Salesforce, UNICEF, Johns Hopkins University, Voyage Dallas, Local Profile, and more for the impact of our work.
We are looking for talented and passionate externs to work closely with the co-founders to help us accelerate our growth. If you are looking to do something about the mental health crisis and want to gain exposure to the inner workings of an early-stage Harvard-incubated startup, this is the role for you.
Partnership Development and Feedback Loop
- Identify and reach out to potential partners for collaborations, joint ventures, or, cross-promotion opportunities.
- Manage relationships with current and incoming partners to ensure continued growth and mutual benefits.
- Facilitate feedback from users and potential users regarding the company’s product or service.
Growth Hacking Initiatives:
- Brainstorm, design, and execute rapid experiments to test potential growth strategies.
- Utilize a variety of digital tools and platforms to optimize acquisition funnels.
Content Creation and Distribution:
- Assist in creating high-quality, relevant content aimed at attracting potential users.
- Distribute content across various channels, including social media, email newsletters
Onboarding Process Optimization:
- Review and optimize the user onboarding process, ensuring a smooth and appealing first-time user experience.
- Create educational resources or tutorials for new users, facilitating product adoption.
- Engage with the company’s online communities (e.g., social media groups, forums) to foster relationships and increase brand loyalty.
- Organize or participate in virtual events to boost community interaction.
Educational Background: Pursuing a Bachelor's degree
Relevant Experience: Previous internship or externship experience in marketing, business development, or growth-focused roles is advantageous. Familiarity with startups or experience working in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in using analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Mixpanel), and email marketing platforms (e.g., Mailchimp, HubSpot). Familiarity with social media platforms and their respective advertising platforms (e.g., Facebook Ads Manager).
Soft Skills: Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to derive actionable insights from data. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for effective collaboration and external communications. Adaptability and resilience, with the ability to thrive in ambiguous situations typical in startup environments. Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently in a remote setting.
Personal Traits: A growth mindset, characterized by curiosity, a desire to learn, and a passion for experimentation. Demonstrated ability to take initiative and go beyond assigned tasks to suggest new growth strategies or improvements.High level of attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in all tasks.
Knowledge and Passion: A foundational understanding of growth hacking principles and strategies. Keen interest in staying updated with the latest digital marketing trends, tools, and best practices. Genuine interest in the wellness industry, mission, and values.
Language Skills: Proficiency in English is essential. Additional language skills can be advantageous.
Collaborative Ability: Ability to work across time zones and a willingness to attend meetings outside of traditional working hours